Qigong is far superior to ordinary exercise for overall wellness.
I love physical exercise. I have practiced sports, hiking, and every type of fitness activity. However I always find qigong to be the greater system for muscle tone, strength, and overall health. Here are the reasons:
- Qigong encompasses the whole body, mind, and spirit.
- Qigong helps me relax and fall in love with my body.
- Qigong heals and detoxifies the body in miutes, infinitely faster than ordinary exercise.
- Qigong is more energy-efficient. It gives you boundless energy, far more than you spend doing it.
- Qigong is easier to do, more enjoyable, and requires no expensive equipment.
Srijana is practicing intensively with Master Lam Kam Chueng in London. She is teaching his Zhan Zhuang Qigong. “I feel this is the most dynamic, direct, unaltered and un-diluted link to the oldest and purest Qigong system available in the world. There is tremendous healing power in this lineage for physical endurance, muscle tone, circulation, and building Qi in the body. I was very impressed with Master Lam’s attentiveness, precision, and concern for his students’ well-being. He showed me how to teach this ancient system so that over time it can grow.”
Master Lam advised Srijana not to discuss philosophy or use too many words. He said: “Just do the practice. It takes 2 years for students to incorporate the higher levels of Qi into their body tissues. After 2 years, you can talk a little. Before that you will only confuse.” This interesting clarification distinguishes his Qigong practice from others. Students can count on less ‘talking’ and more ‘doing’ in classes. Read more about Master Lam Kam Chuen.
Qigong and Taichi classes are for all levels and all types of students. People with serious physical limitations may find this practice challenging at first. If you are able to gently work through your challenges patiently, there are enormous health benefits.
- Mondays 5:30-7:00 pm, Qigong
- Wednesdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, Qigong
- Fridays 9:30 – 10:45 am, Taichi
- Saturdays 9:30 – 10:45 am, Qigong
Srijana’s Qigong is about healing,
This is also the focus of her teaching. Since health benefits of Qigong are cumulative, prepaid class cards are available to support your consistent practice. Each student with a 10-class card will receive a free consultation session with Jane to scan health priorities and track progress over time. More information.
- Drop-ins and first class $15.
- 5-class card $50 ($10 ea).
- 10-class card $90 ($9 ea).
- 20-class card $160 ($8 ea).