We are living in strange times. Everything is shifting under our feet. With so many changes, who can we believe? What if our success is already written in the “Precession of the Equinoxes” cycle, and confirmed by Hindu “Yugas”?
What is the Precession of the Equinoxes? NASA describes it as a cycle of 26,000 years as the Earth’s rotates through the zodiac, currently leaving the Age of Pisces, entering the Age of Aquarius. It’s interesting that many ancient cultures kept calendars which understood this larger cycle. According to Swami Sri Yukteswar (guru of Yogananda) in his book “The Holy Science”, Ancient Hindu astronomers counted ‘Yugas’, or larger ages of mankind. The Hindu Yugas trace the rise and fall of civilization and expanding consciousness over vast centuries of about 24,000 years. The Swami says earth is moving inevitably into a Golden Age.
It’s interesting to me that when you overlay NASA’s 26,000-year cycle ‘Precession of the Equinoxes’ over the Hindu ‘Yugas or Ages’, they almost parallel each other. Can this explain the rise and fall of consciousness and civilization over many centuries? Can this explain the stress and confusion we see in our world now? When we put together these two prophecies, maybe they describe the same cycle in different languages. If so, it seems we are moving into an inevitable timeline of ascension and enlightenment.
Rising energies and changing awareness are stirring things up all around us. Our current stress represents a major shift on our long-term path to peace and harmony. Although the process is uncomfortable and disruptive, the old infrastructure dissolves into new patterns of life, suggesting that this positive transformation may have been in the cards all along. Sri Yukteswar says the promise of a Golden Age cannot be stopped, not by anyone. It will be an adjustment. Prepare yourself for an activation of new possibilities in hyper speed. Because it is written in the stars.
- What is the Precession of the Equinoxes 26,000 year cycle? How does NASA define it?
- The Precession cycle was understood by ancient cultures in their own calendars. Only our Roman Gregorian calendar did not see it.
- What are the Yugas? Who was the great visionary Swami Sri Yukteswar? He corrected the Yugas that had been mistakenly counted. He shows we are in a tumultuous expanding age moving inevitably toward a Golden Age. (He also seeded the birth of Yoga in the West by sending his disciple Yogananda to America.)
- What is our current Yuga position in the cycle? Are we in an expanding or declining age? We are in an expanding Bronze Age moving toward the next predestined Silver and Golden Ages.
- What’s the Photon Belt? Why is our current shift so very special? The photo belt is a high-energy area related to our binary star orbit with the planet Alcyon in the Pleiades. The photon belt initiates our journey through more powerful energy areas in our galaxy. This period of time is important because it marks our freedom from regressive frequency control that blocked expansion of consciousness for about 14,000 years. The coming new age will be full of wonder, health, freedom, and abundance like never before.
- What should we be doing now? Take your place in the duality battle between light and dark. Stand up and declare your sovereignty. Be happy and raise your frequency to assist in the birth of a new time. As new information comes in, our brain is extremely flexible. It can modify its structure and function based on new information, changes the body, or the environment. Are we awake and ready to reassess everything we’ve ever known? Can we dissolve fear and jump into the unknown? Can we walk into the new world and leave our baggage at the door? Fearlessly entering a new age of human existence, here we go!
1. How does NASA define the Precession of the Equinoxes?
Precession of the Equinoxes — “A slow motion of the Earth marks a cycle of about 26,000 years. Discovered by Greek astronomer Hipparchus around 130 BCE, it is a slow shift of the vernal equinox around the ecliptic (i.e. around the zodiac). Because of the precession wobble of the poles over 26,000 years, all the stars and celestial objects, appear to shift from west to east at the rate of .014 degree each year (360 degrees in 26,000 years).”
“As Earth rotates, it wobbles slightly upon its axis, like a slightly off-center spinning toy top. This wobble is due to tidal forces caused by the gravitational influences of the Sun and Moon that cause Earth to bulge at the equator, affecting its rotation. The trend in the direction of this wobble relative to the fixed positions of stars is known as axial precession. The cycle of axial precession spans about 26,000 years.”
2. The Precession Cycle was Understood by Ancient Cultures, in their own Calendars.
- The ancient Greeks spoke of 5 enduring Ages: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Heroic and Iron Ages.
- Hipparchus, 130 BCE, Greek astronomer “discovered” Precession of the Equinoxes, noticing that the earth’s ecliptic moved slightly over time.
- The Dendera Egyptian calendar recognized a 25,920 year cycle with 12 zodiac sub-cycles. In recognition of this, the royal capital was moved to a new city every 2,160 years.
- Hindu astronomers described Yugas or Ages: Yugas define the rise and fall of civilizations in a never-ending cycle. The Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages total 26,000 years.
- The Mayan “Long Count Calendar” of 5,125 years is one-fourth of their precession cycle of about 25,625 years.
- The Hebrews knew of Precession in the time of Kings David and Solomon, as evidenced in the Psalms of David 19:4-5, which trace the zodiac through each age of Man.
- The Chinese calendar refers to a “Cosmic Year”, a cycle of human evolution in 12 sub-cycles.
- The Hopi calendar says humans have existed in three ages. In each age we turned away from spiritual teachings, and the world was destroyed.
- Sir Isaac Newton believed the Precession of the Equinoxes cycle to be caused by a wobble in gravitational forces of the earth. He wrote his “Principia” in 1728.
How Did Astronomers Discover the Great Year Cycle?
Ancient astronomers observed the position of the stars at sunrise at the spring equinox each year in March. On the horizon at sunrise there always appears one of these 12 zodiac constellations: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn Aquarius or Pisces. Every 2,150 years, a new zodiac sign appears on the horizon! That’s why “Great Year” is divided into 12 zodiac sub-cycles or Ages of 2,150 years each.
Sir Isaac Newton believed the “Great Year” to be caused by a wobble in the earth’s orbit, and this viewpoint is still expressed in modern times. However, many ancient astronomers saw it as evidence of a larger cycle. They observed that the cycle moves backwards through the zodiac signs, so that each year’s position slightly ‘precedes’ the previous year. Sir Isaac Newton named this cycle Precession of the Equinoxes to describe the reverse movement. However, ancient cultures saw precession as a natural indication of earth’s movement in the Milky Way galaxy.
So, we can ask, which is true? Is Precession of the Equinoxes a celestial orbit? Or a wobble?
Does our Sun orbit the Milky Way?
Remember studying the planets in elementary school? Yeah, we saw those 2-d models of celestial bodies: The earth rotates around on its axis every 24 hours giving us day and night. The moon orbits the earth every 29.53059 days giving us months. And the earth orbits the sun every 365.24 days, giving us years. But there’s more, so much more!
The Sun’s Orbit Brings Energy Changes on Earth.
Ancient wisdom holds that this larger cycle carries powerful forces and positive electro-magnetic influences from the galactic center, and that this rules the rise and fall of civilization on earth. Could our sun be part of a binary star orbit that is the astronomical cause of changes on earth?
Today, the idea that our solar system is in motion in space is established science. In a binary system, precession may be calculated via the sun’s motion around another central orbiting partner.
Instead of the earth wobble causing precession, a binary star system suggests precession is the change due to the whole solar system moving in space.
Most of the stars in our galaxy are part of binary or multiple star system in their orbits. Hindu astronomers believed that our Sun pulls all the planets in our solar system through the galaxy in a binary orbit circling the star Alcyone in the Pleiades constellation.
3. What are the Yugas? Who was the Great Visionary Swami Sri Yukteswar?
The brilliant Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855 – 1936), Hindu astronomer, astrologer, scholar, educator, and teacher is best known as the guru of Paramahansa Yogananda, author or “Autobiography of a Yogi”.
In 1895 Sri Yukteswar wrote “The Holy Science”, a book that was far ahead of its time. I bought it online. The purpose of his book was to show parallels between Hinduism and Christianity, and to remove barriers created by religions. The book explains astronomical movements of celestial bodies and outlines the ‘Yugas’ or Ages, the larger cycles that determine the rise and fall of civilization and consciousness. (Sri Yukteswar is ALSO the man who sent Yogananda to the US, and therefore in great part responsible for the first introduction of Yoga to the Western world.) Read his book online here.
Hindu astronomers noticed that as the earth moved closer to or farther away from the magnetic center of the Milky Way galaxy, it brought major energetic changes in culture and consciousness on earth.
The Hindu calendar measures time in cycles called Yugas or Ages. Hindu astronomers observed the Sun’s orbit and our changing relationship to the galactic center in a cycle of about 24,000 years. Ancient Hindu astronomers believed that the rise and fall of civilization is synchronized with earth’s distance from the center of our galaxy.
There are four Hindu Yugas or Ages:
- Golden Age – Satya Yuga, 4800 years
- Silver Age – Treta Yuga, 3600 years
- Bronze Age – Dwapara Yuga, 2400 years
- Iron Age – Kali Yuga, 1200 years
A Full Cycle of Eight Hindu Yugas is a “Great Year”.
A full cycle of ages consists of four ascending ages followed by four descending ages. One half of the “Great Year” cycle is about 12,000 years. Together these eight ages represent a full cycle of 24,000 years. The Yugas are not of equal length and are in a ratio of 4, 3, 2, 1. See Yuga diagram below.
Yugas are Cycles of Culture and Consciousness on Earth
Swami Sri Yukteswar explained in his book ‘The Holy Science’ that the Great Year cycle brings huge energy changes to life on earth. Light and other vibrations emanating from the galactic center affect the human mind and body. When our sun orbits through the galaxy, it is said to bring the earth closer to or farther away from the grand galactic center, a vortex of subtle energy and the creative power regulating the mental and spiritual level of the world. The proximity of the earth and Sun to this grand center is said to determine the level of human civilization, health, intelligence and spiritual wisdom.
We are entering the Age of Aquarius. Each zodiac age lasts 2,150 years, or 1/12 of the Great Year cycle. Right now the shift to the Age of Aquarius is happening. If you observe the horizon at sunrise on the March Equinox, you’ll see the appropriate zodiac sign moves a little bit each year. We are ending the old Age of Pisces and starting the new Age of Aquarius. In simple terms, the Age of Pisces saw the rise of three great world religions. It is believed the Age of Aquarius will be defined by unified truth and brotherhood.
4. What’s our Yuga in the cycle NOW?
Sri Yukteswar says we Are Now in the Dwapara Yuga, or Bronze Age.
- The last Golden Age, Satya Yuga was 12,500 – 6700 BCE, a time of the highest civilization.
- The last Silver Age, Treta Yuga was 6700 – 3100 BCE, as the level of culture began to decline.
- The last Bronze Age, Dwapara Yuga was 3100 – 700 BCE, in a continuing decline of civilization.
- The last Iron Age, Kali Yuga, from 700 BC – 1600 CE, sank into a time of greed, war, and disease.
- We are now in an expanding Bronze Age, Dwapara Yuga from 1600 – 4100 CE. This is said to be a period of expanding electrical, atomic and finer forces.
- The next Silver Age will be from 4100 – 7700 CE, an age of great expansion and change.
- The next Golden Age will be from 7700 – 12500 CE, an age of the highest spiritual culture, when health and spirituality is at its zenith in humanity.
Sri Yukteswar gave the calculation of Yugas in his book The Holy Science. Sri Yukteswar wrote that the Yuga count is often misunderstood. Why are the Yuga dates often mistaken? The Master explains in his book:
Evidence of Rising Consciousness on Earth
All around us we see evidence of positive expansion, indicating we are living in expanding times. At the lowest point of the Kali Yuga, we saw the fall of the Roman Empire in the 5th century. The dark ages of ignorance, wars, and pandemics followed as part of the Kali Yuga. The Renaissance of 15th – 17th centuries and the Age of Reason brought a great rebirth of art, music, architecture, and science. When Galileo proposed in 1632 that the earth revolves around the sun, he paid the price for it by living under lockdown house arrest for the rest of his life. This could be seen as an indication of the dark Kali Yuga slowly giving way to the current Bronze Age. Since its inception in 1600 CE, the Bronze Age demonstrates countless important discoveries in electricity, science, and technology. We see expanded focus in energy, money, and physical improvements.
5. What’s the Photon Belt? Why is our Current Shift so Very Special?
The universe consists of many interrelated orbits constantly in motion. It turns out our Sun (and our entire Solar System) rotates through the Milky Way in a binary star relationship with Alycone, the brightest star of the Pleiades constellation. One complete revolution of our sun through this system takes approximately 26,000 years. In addition, Alcyone (and all of us) are revolving around the Galactic Center of our Milky Way, and one complete revolution takes approximately 225 million earth years. At the same time, it seems the universe is expanding, and we are careening through new regions of space every moment of every day, so we are never traverse the same path, and everything is always new!
In 1961 science discovered, by means of satellites, a ‘Photon Belt’ encircling the Pleiades.
What is this electromagnetic cloud, this golden nebula or ’photon belt’? The photon belt is said to circle the Pleiadian system perpendicular to its orbital planes. As our sun (and we with it) orbits in this binary star relation with the Pleiades once every 25,860 years, it reaches the midpoint of the photon belt approximately every 12,500 years. It requires some 2,000 years to traverse the photon belt.
The energy of the photon belt is etheric and spiritual, however it does interact with the physical. Some say the photon belt is the main cause of acceleration of human consciousness, and that may be true. However, ancient Hindu astronomers and Swami Sri Yukteswar in particular hold that it is rather the orbit of our Sun within the Milky Way Galaxy that brings our solar system ever closer to the grand galactic center every 26,000 years. And THIS galactic center, they say, is the source of highest light and energy. Maybe the Photo Belt is just a warm-up for the real juicy energy!
This region of space we have entered is said to accelerate global consciousness from a materialistic 3D to a 5D existence. According to the Law of One material, “fifth density is described as extremely white in vibration.” Therefore the “photon belt” may be an accurate description of the coming 5th density region. There is much we don’t know, many things we have forgotten.
The Precession cycle is said to bring us IN and OUT of harmony with our Divine source and purpose of physical life every 26,000 years. Therefore, it is both a physical cycle and an evolutionary cycle. This ascending energy that we feel more powerfully each year, brings us inevitably in touch with our inner light and soul purpose. It also creates shake-ups in our lives, emotional changes, shifts in attitudes, beliefs, health, and relationships. It causes major shits in our view of dimensions and reality. Oh well, we’re gonna find out. Wouldn’t you rather be living in an expanding age than a declining one?
What’s So Special about THIS Particular Cycle?
When I look intuitively at the history of earth I get very surprising information. I can’t verify this is true, so I offer it for your consideration with discernment. I see human beings have been present on the planet earth for millions of years, coexisting with visitors, many surprising races, and in some cases intermingling with them. Some of these were called “Gods”. Some were called “Dragons”. About 14,000 years ago a regressive presence arrived to earth and used higher powers to place earth under a frequency control. As milleniums passed, the Precession Cycle continued to trace the rise and fall of consciousness. Civilizations followed suit rising and falling every 26,000 years. Every time we approached the photon belt and moved closer to the galactic center, there was an ascension, a rebirth of higher consciousness and health on the planet. A Golden Age ensued. But the other half of the cycle was a slow decline, a decent of humanity into lower levels of consciousness. For 16 millenniums, human thought was purposely limited, under frequency repression. Some ruling groups accumulated vast wealth and power.
This went undisturbed during the recent 12,500 years declining cycle. However, the shift happened about 500 CE, at which point our solar system turned toward the galactic center. While the shift was almost unnoticeable, this powerful cycle slowly leads to an inevitable rise in consciousness. Evidence of the subsequent decline saw the decline of the great Egyptian dynasties, and the end of the Greek civilization. We saw the Roman Empire “fall” and transform into the Catholic Church. We saw the rise of “satanism”, or worshiping dark forces. Although the expansion of consciousness on Earth was inevitable, ruling powers fought it diligently. Galileo was jailed for life in 1653 after saying the earth revolved around the Sun. The Inquisition and witch trials squelched higher wisdom and true research as best they could. The Age of Reason celebrated the discovery of “Science”. By the 1700’s society had discovered electrical energy and coined the concept of “progress”. But fearing the expansion of human awareness and loss of power, rulers responded by creating ever more stringent financial, legal, and education systems to maintain control. The money system was hidden. Periodically wars, disease, and financial collapse distracted and reduced population. By 1950 the writing was on the wall that a shift was coming.
No one expected a group of loyal believers to take matters into their own hands. Perhaps they were tipped off by president Eisenhower, who had been refused admission to secret off-world military projects, or perhaps it was JFK’s public assassination. Since that time a small group of powerful loyalists have been working quietly to untangle the mess and dismantle the tentacles of dark power spread throughout the world.
So, where are we now? We live in a seemingly bifurcated world with two opposing forces. On the one hand consciousness is expanding at a rapid rate. On the other hand oppression and “anti-science” is doubling down with economic suppression, a virus and dangerous DNA manipulation for those who will accept it. At this point we can see the powers of light will certainly win. Maybe it’s just a question of time and how many lives it will cost.
Why is THIS particular Precession of the Equinoxes so relevant to humanity?
Because THIS TIME around the frequency control has been removed. Now for the first time in 14,000 years, humans can achieve a truly high level of consciousness. What we can imagine we can create. The ceiling has been removed. The inevitable expansion into these next Silver and Golden ages will be something truly wonderful to see, on a level of miracles beyond our imagination. Slowly and naturally this positive adjustment will happen. Civilization, health, and lifestyles will change in every way. While the illusion continues to dissolve, and there may still be some bumps on the way, this is where we are heading. That’s what I see. More research is needed. I invite you to consider this and fill in the details.
6. What should we be doing now?
Take your place in the duality battle between light and dark.
Stand up and declare your sovereignty. Be happy and raise your frequency to assist in the birth of a new time. As new information comes in, our brain is extremely flexible. It can modify its structure and function based on new information, changes the body, or the environment. Are we awake and ready to reassess everything we’ve ever known? Can we dissolve fear and jump into the unknown? Can we walk into the new world and leave our baggage at the door? Fearlessly entering a new age of human existence, here we go!
In an Expanding Age, Love wins.
If Sri Yukteswar is right, the coming Golden Age is unstoppable. Like the swing of a pendulum, good triumphs over evil. Selfishness dissolves into generosity. Love vanquishes hatred. Darkness recedes to allow light to shine. Short term disputes between black and white, east vs. west, masculine vs. feminine cannot be sustained for long. Consciousness is expanding big time on our planet. Don’t waste precious time fighting injustice – the new times allow us to claim our birthright with strength and conviction. Although a handful of elites may have controlled humanity for a few thousand years through fear and division, no one can keep the lid on this inevitable cycle. They just can’t.
We have some work ahead of us.
Soon we will remember the value of living in the heart. We will heal the soil and cultivate nourishing foods without poisoning the earth. We will find safe energy sources to facilitate electronic communication and health on the planet. We will manage artificial intelligence in a way that honors our DNA genetic heritage and our galactic memory. We will consciously monitor population levels with full respect for life without killing or oppression. We will promote balance, ease, and equitable use of resources for all. We will bring to justice those who have selfishly caused harm to the earth and living beings. We will let go of the old that does not serve, and make way for new conscious structures.
“Everything flows out and in.
Everything has its tides. All things rise and fall.
The pendulum swing manifests in everything.
The measure of the swing to the right is
The measure of the swing to the left.”
From The Kybalion, Hermes 4th century BCE
- NASA on Precession: https://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sprecess.htm
- NASA on Precession: https://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sgloss.htm#q69
- Photon Belt, https://alchetron.com/Photon-belt
- The Photon Belt: The Coming of a New Age, https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2018/08/the-photon-belt-the-coming-of-a-new-age/Milankovitch (Orbital) Cycles and Their Role in Earth’s Climate, https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2948/milankovitch-orbital-cycles-and-their-role-in-earths-climate/
- The Photon Belt & The Wave of Love, Simone M. Matthews, https://www.universallifetools.com/2010/05/the-photon-belt-2012-the-wave-of-love/
- Indian Astronomy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_astronomy
Isaac Newton’s Precession of the Earth’s Axis, http://hosting.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses/astro201/newton.htm, and http://hosting.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses/astro201/earth_precess.htm
- On the Precession of the Equinoxes, Abraham Robertson Published:01 January 1807 https://doi.org/10.1098/rstl.1807.0003 https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rstl.1807.0003
- Against Chandrasekhar’s Interpretation of Newton’s Treatment of the Precession of the Equinoxes, https://www.jstor.org/stable/41134070?seq=1
The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar, http://www.starcenter.com/holy-science.pdf
The Secret Calendar Codes, by Caterina Schiavone
- NASA – Basics of Space Flight, https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/basics/chapter2-1/
- Earth’s Orbital Precession, https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/541/earths-orbital-precession
- The Holy Science, by Sadhuswabhapati Sri Swami Jiu Maharaj, http://esotericawakening.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Holy-Science.pdf
- The Energy Cloud (Photo Belt), https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/universo/esp_cinturon_fotones_20.htm
- Cabal Leaders Go to Antarctica, https://exopolitics.org/cabal-leaders-go-to-antarctica-to-surrender-to-extraterrestrials-earth-alliance/
- The Great Year, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTkTDpTmqM&t=1s
I am Sri Jana, aka Jane Barthelemy, intuitive medium, channel, author, energy healer and a devout Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist. I was born in Minnesota, USA, baptized Catholic. As a I child questioned Original Sin and Catechism teachings that my Presbyterian mother could never go to Heaven. I have practiced Kundalini and Buddhist meditation for over 50 years. I have an MBA and worked as CFO of Rudi’s Bakery for 10 years. My life path followed many careers, as an opera primadonna in Italy, and owner/designer of Marco Polo Designs, a Venetian glass jewelry company. Serious health challenges led me to teach Qigong, Taichi, and to write two healthy cookbooks: “Paleo Desserts” and “Good Morning Paleo”. My upcoming books include: “Heal Your Past Lives”, and “Buddha Speaks – Channeled Passages from the Master”. I live in Bali with my Bhutanese husband Lama D. We offer classes, retreats, healings, past life clearings, and kundalini meditations. My website is FiveSeasonsMedicine.com.