According to the ancient Hindu calendar and Swami Sri Yukteswar, earth is moving into a Golden Age whether we like it or not. Our current stress represents a major shift on our long-term path to peace and harmony. This is no joke. Ancient Hindu astronomical prophesies foresee a time of inevitable ascension and enlightenment on earth. But who will sire the new times? And what does Donald Trump have to do with the rebirth of a new age?
Yes, the timelines are long, but this is for real. When you overlay NASA’s 25,000-year cycle ‘Precession of the Equinoxes’ with the Hindu Yugas or ages, you can track the rise and fall of civilization over many centuries. Just as everyone settles into permanent pandemic depression, perhaps we could use a tiny slice of hope, no matter how thin. Yes, evidence of rising consciousness is stirring things up all around us. Although the process is uncomfortable and disruptive, we see old infrastructure dissolve into new lifestyle patterns, suggesting that this positive transformation may have been in the cards all along.
If Sri Yukteswar is right, the promise of a Golden Age cannot be stopped, not by anyone, even the most powerful. I wonder what is Donald Trump’s role in the coming transformation? Savior? Or Perpetrator of Doom? This article is not a political statement – it has no color, party or group. My interest is to explore the facts and offer a possible big-picture theory. Perhaps it can reassure people of every persuasion amid the confusion, to help usher in a time of peace and love for all.
- Who will sire the new age? Yes, Donald Trump appears to have a central role. And we will all participate in co-creating a future with our actions and thoughts.
- Ancient sages predicted an age of expansion. The prophecy comes from observing cosmic cycles.
- Ponder this: Only when we follow the Laws of Nature and live in harmony with planetary cycles, can we find happiness and spiritual fulfillment.
- What is NASA’s “Great Year” cycle of 25,000 years, which Isaac Newton coined “Precession of the Equinoxes”? Does our sun move through the galaxy with a binary star partner? If so, please show me on the Milky Way map right now!
- Hindu astronomers counted time in four Yugas, the Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron ages. What are these cycles that rule the rise and fall of consciousness and civilization on earth?
- Where are we now in the Yuga cycle? Swami Sri Yukteswar says we are in the Bronze Age now, heading for a Golden Age, a time of peace and positive energies.
- We see evidence of rapidly rising consciousness and more discoveries with every passing century.
- Three great prophets were born at the dawn of this era. The Buddha, Jesus Christ, and Muhammad all spoke similar words to light our way.
- We are in an expanding age. Good triumphs over evil. Like the swing of a pendulum, this is unavoidable. We are on a path of ascension. Darkness recedes and light can shine.
- Yes. Ascension is imminent and ongoing. But don’t hold your breath. Right now we’re in the Bronze Age. The Silver Age starts in 4100 CE. The next Golden Age will begin in 7700 CE.
- We have some work ahead of us, however. We will first have to learn to reside in the heart, to live sustainably, to heal the soil, to cease poisoning the earth, to control population, to end wars, share resources equitably, to harness electricity in service to health, and to hold offenders accountable.
- Disclosure has already happened. Yep. Swami Sri Yukteswar describes our planetary family and an ancient time of gods here on earth. It’s in the Bible too!
- Unity is coming. It’s already here. Believe it. Humanity is united in our wish for peace. Disputes are fading. Although a handful of elites may have ruled through fear for a few thousand years, no one can keep the lid on the coming expansion. Don’t waste precious time fighting injustice – the new times allow us to claim our birthright with strength and conviction.
- Conclusion: Personal resiliency, responsibility and integrity are three keys to living in challenging, expanding times. We can find joy by embracing uncertainty together with courage.
While many people see him as the LAST person to spearhead a planetary rebirth, Donald Trump may have a central role in this shift. Love him or hate him, maybe we needed a “Dad”, a kind of special homeopathic remedy for troubled times. For one thing, he cannot be bought, he is unpredictable, strong, resilient, and able to withstand a constant barrage of attacks. He is not part of the old power structure, which makes him a potential obstacle to any selfishly-motivated new-world order. Obviously, he won’t do it alone. Each of us carries a huge responsibility for future generations. It is our role to participate actively in building a bright future through our daily actions and most importantly our thoughts.
Ancient sages predicted this age of expansion
It’s true, Hindu astronomers for thousands of years tracked planetary cycles and made prophecies. They believed the secret to be found in our Sun’s orbit around the galaxy. Although it requires great skill to study astronomy, it may be more reliable than staring at a crystal ball or interpreting Nostradamus cryptic verses.
I’d like you to meet the brilliant Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855 – 1936), Hindu astronomer, astrologer, scholar, educator, and teacher. Sri Yukteswar is probably best known as the teacher of Paramahansa Yogananda who wrote “Autobiography of a Yogi”. In 1895 Sri Yukteswar wrote “The Holy Science”, a book that was far ahead of its time. I bought it online. The purpose of his book was to show parallels and remove barriers between all religions, especially Hinduism and Christianity. The book explains astronomical movements of celestial bodies, and outlines the Yugas, cycles that determine the rise and fall of civilization and consciousness. Incidentally, Sri Yukteswar is the man who sent Yogananda to the US, and therefore in great part responsible for the popularity of Yoga in the West. Read his book here, and let me know your thoughts.
The Earth’s “Great Year” cycle is described by NASA, Sir Isaac Newton, Greek, Inca, Chinese, Hindu, Egyptian, Mayan, and Hopi astronomers.
- NASA’s cycle of axial precession of 25,771.5 years is said to be caused by a wobble due to tidal forces and planetary interactions.
- The Hindu calendar describes Yugas or ages: The Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages total 24,000 years. Yugas define the rise and fall of civilizations in a never-ending cycle.
- Hipparchus, 2nd-century-BC Greek astronomer is said to have re-discovered Precession of the Equinoxes, noticing that the earth’s ecliptic moved slightly over time.
- Sir Isaac Newton wrote his “Principia” in 1728. He believed the Precession of the Equinoxes cycle to be caused by a wobble in gravitational forces of the earth.
- The ancient Greeks spoke of 5 enduring Ages: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Heroic and Iron Ages. The Golden Age was the happiest time when people lived without illness, war or work enjoying an abundance of wild foods. In the Silver Age new gods arrived. The Bronze Age was filled with men who loved war and finally destroyed themselves. In the Heroic Age a race of demigods was rewarded for their courage on the island of Elysium. The Iron Age was considered the worst age where goodwill would cease to exist. Men would suffer oppression by wicked rulers whose greed finally ends when Zeus destroys them.
- The ancient Egyptian calendar recognized a 25,920 year cycle with 12 zodiac sub-cycles. In recognition of this, the royal capital was moved to a new city every 2,160 years.
- The Mayan “Long Count Calendar” of 5,125 years is one-fourth of their precession cycle of about 25,625 years.
- The Hebrews knew of Precession in the time of Kings David and Solomon, as evidenced in the Psalms of David 19:4-5, which trace the zodiac through each age.
- The Chinese calendar refers to a “Cosmic Year”, a cycle of human evolution in 12 sub-cycles.
- The Hopi calendar says humans have existed in three ages. In each age we turned away from spiritual teachings, and the world was destroyed.
We Live in Harmony with Cycles, the Laws of Nature
Remember studying the planets in elementary school? Yeah, we saw those 2-d models of celestial bodies: The earth rotates around on its axis every 24 hours giving us day and night. The moon orbits the earth every 29.53059 days giving us months. And the earth orbits the sun every 365.24 days, giving us years.
But what if there’s more? Ancient Hindu astronomers calculated the Sun’s orbit through the Milky Way galaxy in cycles called Yugas, or Ages. Many experts believe a larger cycle “The Great Year” rules the rise and fall of consciousness. Only when we understand and live in harmony with planetary cycles, the Laws of Nature, can we find happiness and peace.
What’s The Great Year Cycle?
NASA defines the “Great Year” as “The period of one complete orbit around the ecliptic, or about 25,800 years.” (Some say 24,000, others say 26,000.) Experts believe this is our Sun’s pathway through the solar system of about 25,800 years.
How Did Astronomers Discover the Great Year Cycle?
Ancient astronomers observed the position of the stars at sunrise at the spring equinox each year in March. On the horizon at sunrise there always appears one of these 12 zodiac constellations: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn Aquarius or Pisces. Every 2,150 years, a new zodiac sign appears on the horizon! That’s why “Great Year” is divided into 12 zodiac sub-cycles or Ages of 2,150 years each.
Sir Isaac Newton believed the “Great Year” to be caused by a wobble in the earth’s orbit, and this viewpoint is still expressed in modern times. However, many ancient astronomers saw it as evidence of a larger cycle. They observed that the cycle moves backwards through the zodiac signs, so that each year’s position slightly ‘precedes’ the previous year. Sir Isaac Newton named this cycle Precession of the Equinoxes to describe the reverse movement. However, ancient cultures saw precession as a natural indication of earth’s movement in the Milky Way galaxy.
So we have to ask, which is true? Is Precession of the Equinoxes a celestial orbit? Or a wobble?
Does our Sun orbit the galaxy in a binary star elliptical path?
Like all other bodies in the Milky Way, our sun also moves through space. Most of the stars in our galaxy are part of binary or multiple star system in their orbits. Hindu astronomers believed that our Sun pulls all the planets in our solar system through the galaxy in a binary orbit circling the star Alcyone in the Pleiades constellation. Could it be true?
The Sun’s Orbit Brings Energy Changes on Earth.
Hindu astronomers noticed that as the earth moved closer to or farther away from the magnetic center of the Milky Way galaxy, it brought major energetic changes in culture and consciousness on earth. Ancient wisdom holds that this larger cycle carries powerful forces and positive electro-magnetic influences from the galactic center, and that this rules the rise and fall of civilization on earth. Could our sun be part of a binary star orbit that is the astronomical cause of changes on earth?
What are Yugas?
The Hindu calendar measures time in cycles called Yugas or Ages. Hindu astronomers observed the Sun’s orbit and our changing relationship to the galactic center in a cycle of about 24,000 years. Ancient Hindu astronomers believed that the rise and fall of civilization is synchronized with earth’s distance from the center of our galaxy.
There are four Hindu Yugas or Ages:
- Golden Age – Satya Yuga, 4800 years
- Silver Age – Treta Yuga, 3600 years
- Bronze Age – Dwapara Yuga, 2400 years
- Iron Age – Kali Yuga, 1200 years
A Full Cycle of Eight Hindu Yugas is a “Great Year”.
A full cycle of ages consists of four ascending ages followed by four descending ages. One half of the “Great Year” cycle is about 12,000 years. Together these eight ages represent a full cycle of 24,000 years. The Yugas are not of equal length and are in a ratio of 4, 3, 2, 1. See Yuga diagram below.
Yugas are Cycles of Culture and Consciousness on Earth
Swami Sri Yukteswar explained in his book that the “Great Year” cycle brings huge energy changes to life on earth. Light and vibrations emanating from the galactic center affect the human mind and body. When our sun orbits through the galaxy, it is said to bring the earth closer to or farther away from the grand galactic center, a vortex of subtle energy and the creative power regulating the mental and spiritual level of the world. The proximity of the earth and Sun to this grand center is said to determine the level of human civilization, health, intelligence and spiritual wisdom.
Where Are we Now in the Great Year Cycle?
Each zodiac age lasts 2,150 years, 1/12 of the Great Year cycle. Right now the shift to the Age of Aquarius is happening. If you observe the horizon at sunrise on the March Equinox, you’ll see the appropriate zodiac sign moves a little bit each year. We are ending the old Age of Pisces and starting the new Age of Aquarius. In simple terms, the Age of Pisces saw the rise of three great world religions. It is believed the Age of Aquarius will be defined by unified truth and brotherhood.
Sri Yukteswar says we Are Now in the Dwapara Yuga, or Bronze Age.
- The last Golden Age, Satya Yuga was 12,500 – 6700 BCE, a time of the highest civilization.
- The last Silver Age, Treta Yuga was 6700 – 3100 BCE, as the level of culture began to decline.
- The last Bronze Age, Dwapara Yuga was 3100 – 700 BCE, in a continuing decline of civilization.
- The last Iron Age, Kali Yuga, from 700 BC – 1600 CE, sank into a time of greed, war, and disease.
- We are now in an expanding Bronze Age, Dwapara Yuga from 1600 – 4100 CE. This is said to be a period of expanding electrical, atomic and finer forces.
- The next Silver Age will be from 4100 – 7700 CE, an age of great expansion and change.
- The next Golden Age will be from 7700 – 12500 CE, an age of the highest spiritual culture, when health and spirituality is at its zenith in humanity.
Why So Much Confusion about the Hindu Yugas?
Sri Yukteswar gave the calculation of Yugas in his book The Holy Science. While his calculations are often quoted, not all Hindu astronomers agree. Some people say we are in the Kali Yuga now. Sri Yukteswar wrote that the Yuga count is often misunderstood. He explains why:
“At the end of the last Bronze Age or Dwapara Yuga c. 700 BC, the reigning king Maharaja Yudhisthira was faced with the arrival of the dreaded and dark Kali Yuga. He left his throne to his grandson and retired to the Himalayas with all his wise men. Since no one in the court knew how to count the Yugas, and nobody wanted to announce the bad news, they began adding years to the Bronze Age Dwapara Yuga dates. This has degenerated into a series of mistakes and miscalculations that lead many people to believe we are now in the Kali Yuga.”
Evidence of Rising Consciousness on Earth
All around us we see evidence of positive expansion and new discoveries. This shows we are definitely living in expanding times. At the lowest point of the Kali Yuga, we saw the fall of the Roman Empire in the 5th century. The dark ages of ignorance, wars, and pandemics followed as part of the Kali Yuga. The Renaissance of 15th – 17th centuries brought a great rebirth of art, music, architecture, and science. When Galileo proposed in 1632 that the earth revolves around the sun, he paid the price for it by living under lockdown house arrest for the rest of his life. This could be seen as an indication of the dark Kali Yuga slowly giving way to the current Bronze Age. Since its inception in 1600 CE, the Bronze Age demonstrates countless important discoveries in electricity, science, and technology. We see expanded focus in energy, money, and physical improvements.
Three Masters Were Born at the Dawn of the New Age: Buddha, Christ, and Muhammad
It is interesting and perhaps extremely relevant that at the lowest point in the Kali Yuga Iron Age, three great prophets were born: The Buddha in 563 BCE. Jesus Christ in year 1, and Muhammad in 570 CE. Could these three great spiritual teachers be ushering in a new age of mankind? They all spoke similar words of peace and love:
- Buddha – “Treat others as you’d wish others treat you. Do not attack or entice harm.” Dhammapada # 129
- Jesus Christ – “Do unto others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6.31
- Muhammad – “Do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but treat them with forgiveness and kindness.”
The Buddha described the path to ascension in his very first words after enlightenment. With the power of deep contemplation, he set the “Wheel of Destiny” in motion so that it could never be turned back. His “Middle Path” seems incredibly simple, yet we see everywhere people distracted by the senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste), forgetting that sensory things are illusory. These are the Buddha’s words:
“My Friends, there are these two extremes that a person on the path should avoid. Which two? One is to plunge oneself into feelings and emotions. And the other is to practice austerities which deprive the body of its needs. Both of these extremes lead to failure. The path I have discovered is the Middle Path, which avoids both extremes and has the capacity to lead one to understanding, liberation, and peace.” Gautama Buddha 533 BCE
In an Expanding Age, Love wins.
If Sri Yukteswar is right, the coming Golden Age is unstoppable. Like the swing of a pendulum, good triumphs over evil. Selfishness dissolves into generosity. Love vanquishes hatred. Darkness recedes to allow light to shine. Short term disputes between black and white, east vs. west, masculine vs. feminine cannot be sustained for long. Consciousness is expanding big time on our planet. Don’t waste precious time fighting injustice – the new times allow us to claim our birthright with strength and conviction. Although a handful of elites may have controlled humanity for a few thousand years through fear and division, no one can keep the lid on this inevitable cycle. They just can’t.
Ascension is Imminent and Ongoing, but Don’t Hold Your Breath.
Right now we’re in the Bronze Age. The Silver Age starts in 4100 CE. The next Golden Age will begin in 7700 CE. This is going to take some time. So let’s enjoy the ride.
Each one of us is a receptacle of all of history. That means we all carry the anger, heartache, fear, and worry of our personal past, as well as the past of all beings. Our personal responsibility in this life is to observe and purify our thoughts, to clear the way for positive action every day.
If we allow ourselves to be drawn into discord, heartache and anger, we will always be distraught. We will bring our emotional distortion into action, our thoughts will be mistaken, and we will blame others. We will never find the truth, and can never ascend to a higher level of living. We live in an expanding time. So let it go and be happy. Keep your balance. Know that everything will be fine. It may take several thousand years. So relax.
We have some work ahead of us.
We will understand the value of living in the heart. We will heal the soil and cultivate nourishing foods without poisoning the earth. We will find safe energy sources to facilitate electronic communication and maximize health of the planet. We will manage artificial intelligence in a way that honors our DNA genetic heritage and our galactic memory. We will consciously monitor population levels with full respect for life without killing. We will promote balance, ease, and equitable use of resources for all. We will dutifully bring to justice those who have selfishly caused harm to the earth and living beings. We will let go of the old that does not serve, and make way for new conscious structures.
Disclosure has already happened.
According to Swami Sri Yukteswar, earth has hosted gods from off-planet for thousands of years. Nowadays the knowledge of life on other planets is accepted in the mainstream.
“Civilization is much older than commonly believed. Myths of a Golden Age of gods and advanced civilizations in the past are true stories of a real time period. Earth will eventually see another Golden Age. Now we’re in a Bronze Age moving into a period of greater enlightenment.”
Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855 – 1936)
Unity is coming. It’s already here. Believe it.
Embrace Joy and Uncertainty with Courage.
The 21st century has brought great expansion, huge challenges, and a few unpleasant surprises. Three words that represent this time for me are resiliency, responsibility and integrity. These are three keys to living in challenging, expanding times.
Be an example of resiliency, responsibility and integrity. Then we can find joy even in the midst of uncertainty by embracing them together with courage. This can give us a new level of harmony and strength.
Having the big picture may give us permission to enjoy the ride without getting bent out of shape over a few bumps along the road. My interest is apolitical – it has no color, party or group. I wish only to explore the facts and present a possible theory. Perhaps it can reassure in the midst of confusion, to help usher in a new age of peace for all. What are your thoughts?
“Everything flows out and in.
Everything has its tides. All things rise and fall.
The pendulum swing manifests in everything.
The measure of the swing to the right is
the measure of the swing to the left.”
The Kybalion, Hermes 4th century BCE
Isaac Newton’s Precession of the Earth’s Axis, http://hosting.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses/astro201/newton.htm, and http://hosting.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses/astro201/earth_precess.htm
Against Chandrasekhar’s Interpretation of Newton’s Treatment of the Precession of the Equinoxes, https://www.jstor.org/stable/41134070?seq=1
Milankovitch (Orbital) Cycles and Their Role in Earth’s Climate, By Alan Buis, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2948/milankovitch-orbital-cycles-and-their-role-in-earths-climate/
NASA – Basics of Space Flight, https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/basics/chapter2-1/
Earth’s Orbital Precession, https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/541/earths-orbital-precession
The Holy Science, by Sadhuswabhapati Sri Swami Jiu Maharaj, http://esotericawakening.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Holy-Science.pdf
About Sri Jana
Sri Jana is an intuitive medium, medical channel, author, artist, and teacher, aka Jane Barthelemy. She carries the ancient Hermetic teachings of Ra and others. Born and raised in the USA, she is a 50-year student of Swami Rudrananda and practitioner of Buddhist meditation. She is the author of two cookbooks showing how to create delicious meals using non-industrial foods. Her food and lifestyle website JanesHealthyKitchen.com recently won the coveted CV Magazine award for “The Most Innovative Food & Lifestyle Blog in North America”.
Sri Jana’s upcoming books include “Buddha Speaks” a channeled book by Gautama Buddha. She will soon release “Heal Your Past Lives, Six Steps to Dissolve Old Trauma for Lasting Happiness”. Her latest book, co-authored by her Bhutanese husband Lama D, is titled “From the Kingdom of Happiness, The Bhutan Travel Cookbook”. Sri Jana and Lama D live in Bali, Indonesia and Paro, Bhutan.