Yes. We are moving toward an inevitable Golden Age. Rising energies bring polar opposites to the surface to be expelled. Like a cosmic battle between Good and Evil, two forces pitted against each other, much like a natural organism releases poisons out through the skin. The result is the release of ugliness, shame, boils, infections, volcanoes, discomfort, and discord. A planetary cytokine storm! As a collective soul-mind, we are our own human passengers. We both create the storm, and we endure its wrath. What tools do we need to ride the storm? We need unity, patience, resilience, and a stiff upper lip to stay balanced and keep our minds on the goal. Ultimately, we will claim the predestined prize of spiritual awakening, freedom in body, mind, and spirit. Hang on!
- What’s a Yuga? Ancient Hindu astronomers measured cyclical time in eras, each with a particular energetic quality. There are different schools of thought about yugas. Like everything that has to do with the celestial movement, Yugas are part of our evolution.
- How do We Measure Time? Time is movement of the celestial bodies such as the Earth, Moon, Sun, and Zodiac.
- What’s Our Solar System 26,000-year cycle? This is our Sun’s orbit through the Milky Way. It brings energy changes and is the underlying cause of much of our stress. The different Yugas reflect rising and falling consciousness.
- Where Are We in the Precession Cycle Now? We’re in the Bronze Age, expanding toward Silver and Golden Ages. We’re in a huge clearing now that is necessary to make way for the Age of Aquarius and expanded consciousness.
- What Can We Expect in the Coming Age? Lots of energetic changes will continue to challenge the old, stir up negativity, and clear our world for the coming Golden Age.
- What Can We Do? The 10 Tools to Ride the Storm include daily meditation, clean food, and deep sleep.
What’s a Yuga?
A Yuga is a Sanskrit Age or Era of time. Ancient Vedic scientists studied the galactic movements and divided Earth’s cycles into Yugas. According to Vedic timekeepers, there are eight Yugas – four ascending, and four declining in the cycle. Together they total about 26,000 years. These ages come from the movement of our Sun through the Galaxy. The ages are said to explain the rise and fall of civilization and human consciousness. There are different schools of thought about Yugas. s. Like everything that has to do with the celestial movement, Yugas are part of our evolution, and that means it’s a face-off between LOVE and FEAR.
There are four Hindu Yugas. Four ascending Ages are followed by four declining Ages.
- Golden Age – Satya Yuga, 4800 years
- Silver Age – Treta Yuga, 3600 years
- Bronze Age – Dwapara Yuga, 2400 years
- Iron Age – Kali Yuga, 1200 years
How Do We Measure Time?
Oooh! I’m so glad you asked! Time is movement of celestial bodies relative to each other. From the perspective of Earth, we can count Days, Moon cycles, Years, Zodiac Ages, Precession Cycle, and Galactic rotation. All other measures are human creations – such as seconds, minutes, weeks, and centuries. These are all man-made figments of our imagination. However, there is more.
Zodiac Ages are 2,160 years long. We know which age we’re in by seeing the predominant Zodiac constellation at certain times. Twelve Zodiac years of 2,160 years make one Precession cycle. Now we are leaving the Age of Pisces, entering The Age of Aquarius, which will last 2,160 years until roughly 4,200. The Age of Pisces was said to be about hierarchy, patriarchy, belief, and power. The Age of Aquarius is said to be about empowerment and expanding consciousness.
Everything is in motion. The Sun is also moving. The 26,000 year Precession Cycle is our Sun’s orbit through the Milky Way. The Sun travels on a predetermined orbit through a section of galaxy, said to be in a binary star relationship with the star Alcyone in the Pleiades. This orbit brings us closer or further away from the galactic center or the galactic plane, bringing energetic changes on Earth. Not all scientists concur, which is understandable as it is difficult for humans to measure such long ages.
Even longer cycles exist! Modern astronomers say that one rotation around the Milky Way galaxy takes about 225 million years to complete. The ancient Vedic calendar measures a “Kalpa”, which is a HUGE time period equal to 4.32 billion years, or a “Day of Brahma”.
Oh dear! I’ll leave the Kalpas for you to study. I can’t imagine it. I already feel like the little people in “Horton Hears a Who”. This article is about humanity’s predicament on Earth right now relative to the Precession cycle and the coming new Yuga.
3. What is the Precession Cycle, Our Sun’s Orbit of 26,000 Years?
Also called “The Great Year”, the Precession Cycle Determines the level of Culture and Consciousness on Earth
Swami Sri Yukteswar, the teacher of Yogananda, explained in his book “The Holy Science” (click to view it online, pages x to xxii) .The book is about the common links shared by both Hindu and Christian religions. In the book he also describes how the Yuga cycle brings energy changes to life on earth. Light and vibrations emanating from the Milky Way galactic center affect the human mind and body. When our sun orbits through the galactic plane, it is said to bring the earth closer to or farther away from the grand galactic center, which is a powerful vortex of energy and creative power regulating the mental and spiritual level of the planet. The proximity of the Earth and Sun to this grand galactic center is said to determine the rise and fall of human civilization, health, intelligence and spiritual wisdom.
Some modern thinkers regard the Great Year as a phenomenon caused by the Earth’s wobbling axis, ancient cultures saw it as a natural indication of Earth’s place in galactic movement. This cycle was known by many traditions:
- The Hindu calendar describes Yugas or ages: The Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages total about 24,000 years. Yugas define the rise and fall of civilizations in a never-ending cycle.
- In Ancient Greece, Plato spoke of “Platonic Years”. There are 5 enduring Ages: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Heroic and Iron Ages. The Golden Age was the happiest time when people lived without illness, war or work enjoying wild foods. In the Silver Age new gods arrived. The Bronze Age was filled with men who loved war and finally destroyed themselves. In the Heroic Age a race of demigods was rewarded for their courage on the island of Elysium. The Iron Age was considered the worst age where goodwill ceased to exist. Men would suffer oppression by wicked rulers whose greed finally ends when Zeus destroys them.
- The Egyptian Dendera calendar recognized a 25,920-year cycle with 12 zodiac sub-cycles. In recognition of this, the royal capital was moved to a new city every 2,160 years.
- Hipparchus, 2nd-century-BC Greek astronomer is said to have re-discovered Precession of the Equinoxes, noticing that the zodiac constellations changed and earth’s ecliptic moved slightly over time.
- The Mayan “Long Count Calendar” measures every 5,125 years as one-fourth of the precession cycle of about 25,625 years.
- The Hebrews knew about precession in the time of Kings David and Solomon, as evidenced in the Psalms of David 19:4-5 that trace the zodiac through each age.
- NASA calls it the “Cycle of Axial Precession” of some 25,772 years, and believes it to be caused by a wobble due to tidal forces and planetary interactions.
- Sir Isaac Newton called it the “Precession of the Equinoxes” and believed to be caused by a wobble in gravitational forces of the earth, as he wrote in his 1687 book “Principia”.
- The Hopi calendar says humans have existed in three ages. In each age we turned away from spirit and the world was destroyed. The first world was destroyed by fire, the second by ice, and the third by water. We are now in the fourth age.
- The Chinese calendar refers to a “Cosmic Year”, a cycle of human evolution in 12 sub-cycles.
Our Sun’s Orbit with a Binary Star
Hindu astronomy holds that our Sun orbits as part of a binary star system. Many ancient calendars observed that our Sun, along with all the planets in our solar system, move through the Milky Way galaxy in a binary orbit with the star Alcyone in the Pleiades. This is not unusual, as most of the stars in our galaxy are in a binary or multiple star system in their orbits.
Ancient Oral Texts Preserved the Galactic Wisdom
Hindu masters encoded cosmology, astronomy and calendar history in sacred oral Sanskrit verses that were memorized, chanted, and passed down with each generation, in order for the wisdom to survive even the lowest ages of mankind.
The Sun’s Orbit Brings Energy Changes on Earth
Hindu astronomers noticed that as we move closer to or farther from the magnetic center of the Milky Way galaxy, energy and light bring huge changes in culture and consciousness on Earth. Ancient wisdom held that the Great Year brings powerful energy forces and electro-magnetic influences from the galactic center, and that this rules the rise and fall of civilization on Earth.
Does our Sun travel through the the Orion-Cygnus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy in a binary orbit with the star Alcyone in the Pleiades? It takes somewhere between 24,000 and 26,000 years to do the whole Precession cycle.
The Precession Cycle, or the Great Year moves through the 12 Zodiac signs, determined by the visible constellation on the horizon at dawn on the March Equinox. Thus, we are in a new Zodiac Age every 2,160 years.
4. Where Are We in the Precession Cycle Now?
There are four ascending Yugas, followed by four descending Yugas. Sri Yukteswar calculates we are in the Bronze Age on the Upward Expanding cycle!
- We are now in an expanding Bronze Age, the Dwapara Yuga from the years 1600 – 4100 CE. This is said to be a period of expanding electrical, atomic and finer forces.
- The next Silver Age will be from 4100 – 7700 CE, an age of great expansion and change.
- The next Golden Age will be from 7700 – 12500 CE, an age of the highest spiritual culture, when highly evolved human beings will enjoy greatest health and spirituality. Then the cycle begins to move DOWN.
Hiding in Plain Sight
We can see evidence all around us that we live in the beginning of a huge expansion. So, I personally can accept Sri Yukteswar’s calculations. Looking at the chart, that would put the fall of the Roman Empire in 500 CE at the lowest point of the Kali Yuga. The slow ascension through the dark ages would have also been part of the Kali Yuga. Then the so-called Renaissance period of 14th to 17th century could be seen as the positive transition out of the Kali Yuga, leading into the beginning of the current Dwapara Yuga, Bronze Age in 1600 CE.
After 1600 CE, the Dwapara or Bronze Age, we see clearly a great acceleration and development in the material realm including all areas of electricity, science, and technology. In these times there is great focus on money and physical concerns, with ever-increasing hints of interest in spiritual advancement.
I find it reassuring that cycles are just part of the forever turning. This makes it easier to bear the daily barrage of misinformation and discord. Think of it as a release of the old, a cleansing for the New Age. A healing. Having the big picture gives us permission to relax and enjoy the ride up and down through the ages, without getting bent out of shape by a few bumps along the road. What are your thoughts?
Why So Much Confusion about the Hindu Yugas?
Sri Yukteswar calculated the Yuga dates in his book The Holy Science. While they are often quoted, not all Hindu astronomers agree. Some people say we are in the Kali Yuga now. Sri Yukteswar wrote that the Yuga count is often misunderstood. He explains why:
“At the end of the last Bronze Age or Dwapara Yuga c. 700 BC, the reigning king, Maharaja Yudhisthira, was faced with the arrival of the dreaded and dark Kali Yuga. He left his throne to his grandson and retired to the Himalayas with all his wise men. Since no one in the court knew how to count the Yugas, and nobody wanted to announce the bad news, they began adding years to the Bronze Age Dwapara dates.
This has degenerated into a series of mistakes and miscalculations that led many people to believe we are now in the Kali Yuga. Some people maintain that the Kali Yuga lasts 432,000 years. However, Sri Yukteswar’s book has made great contribution to clarifying these confusions.
5. What Can We Expect in the Coming Age?
- Other planets in the Solar system are changing, heating up. Frequencies change.
- Things die off, but life always finds a way to recycle and re-emerge
- Hidden knowledge is coming out, affecting human consciousness.
- We are linked through internet and social media. Humans are getting more curious, stepping into their power
- Age of Aquarius means more interest in spiritual expansion
- Golden Age is coming, although it will first require cleaning up the negativity.
- This is a huge shake-down to rid the planet of garbage, toxic lies, dishonest people, clearing the swamp.
- Bullshit comes to the surface and pervades the media. We see narcissistic psychopaths clearly.
- Clearing so much negativity feels like a death. However, this is not death, it’s a healing, a purging.
- We discover our true history, not be misled with mistruths
- People turn off the TV and unreliable media. We’re finished with nonsense.
- Be resilient. Everything changes. We adapt.
- We can never remain the same.
- Bravely we live in and accept each present moment.
6. What Can We Do? 10 Tools to Ride the Storm
- Meditate and develop heart awareness. Develop self-transformation tools. Twice a day do some breathing and gentle movement. Quiet the mind and find your root. Address your negative habits and weaknesses clearly and compassionately so you can correct them over time. Start the day with your favorite meditation or prayer to God. Breathe white light into the center of the brain to clear your mind with joy! I recommend my 6-Step Harmonization, which takes about 15 minutes. It includes brain-balancing, deep breathing, releasing negativity, psychic protection, Loving Kindness meditation, and a prayer to seal.
- Be discerning. Choose your information sources carefully. Stand your ground with integrity in a world out of balance Your life and your choices are important, so try to do what is right no matter what.
- Purify yourself. Eat fresh organic food, just a little. That’s because GMO food and farming chemicals destroy the microbiome, which you NEED. Bless your food and be grateful. Avoid all addictive or habituating substances. Choose your thoughts carefully as the mind is your best friend or your worst enemy.
- Hydrate. Drink 2.5 liters of pure water every day, in small quantities.
- Enjoy music, listen to it, make music, love it. Sound vibrations are healing.
- Walk every day outside in the sunlight for 50 minutes.
- Read the scriptures. I’m not kidding. Choose your book. I like the Psalms, Bhagavad Gita, the Kybalion, The Quran, the Bible, the Buddha’s writings in the Pali Canon.
- Embrace kindness and compassion. Use every encounter as a chance to uplift someone, to raise the frequency of the world. Lead by example. Help the people you say you love, starting from wherever they are. Everyone is suffering. You can lighten their load. Be resilient. Release fear, choose Love, and try to embrace change. Be aware of what you produce, and what you consume, having compassion toward Mother Earth and other beings.
- Have a project you love that keeps you engaged. It should uplift you and serve others in some way.
- Rest a lot. Take a nap every day. Get plenty of sleep, because during deep sleep, we digest and process all the changing energies. Before bed try to meditate and quiet down. Then release it and give it all up to God.
We may be in for a wild ride. And it could continue unabated. So, this is my way of saying: RELAX! Take care of yourself. I’m discussing the Yugas because a larger perspective helps us stay grounded, instead of being pulled out of balance by every perceived emergency. We can SEE the problems, but Ahh! Take a breath, because it requires time and clear intention to sort everything out. Humans do learn, but it may take a few years. Keep going and have patience. Let go of the impermanent. Work on perfecting yourself, and those things that are most enduring. We continue to pick up the threads step by step in our resilient healing journey.
- Six Step Harmonization: A Focused Meditation with Sri Jana, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUAURElrpKk
- The Great Year, a film, https://brandnewtube.com/watch/the-great-year_qK8HMUVxzfRdHu4.html
- The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar
- The Secret Calendar Codes, by Caterina Schiavone
I am Sri Jana, aka Jane Barthelemy, intuitive medium, channel, author, energy healer and a devout Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist. I was born in Minnesota, USA, baptized Catholic. As a I child questioned Original Sin and Catechism teachings that my Presbyterian mother could never go to Heaven. I have practiced Kundalini and Buddhist meditation for over 50 years. I have an MBA and worked as CFO of Rudi’s Bakery for 10 years. My life path followed many careers, as an opera primadonna in Italy, and owner of a Venetian glass jewelry company. Serious health challenges led me to teach Qigong, Taichi, and to write two healthy cookbooks: “Paleo Desserts” and “Good Morning Paleo”. My upcoming books include: “Heal Your Past Lives”, and “Buddha Speaks – Channeled Passages from the Master”. I live in Bali with my Bhutanese husband Lama D. We offer classes, retreats, healings, past life clearings, and kundalini meditations. My website is FiveSeasonsMedicine.com.