When I need an instant energy boost, I stir together this tasty mixture. These 4 ingredients in combination are SO uplifting! Mix together in a glass:
- 6 oz hot water,
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon honey,
- Stir and enjoy!
Turmeric just might be the most powerful herb on the planet for building a strong immune system. Turmeric and its active ingredient curcumin are the main spice in Indian curries. The health benefits of turmeric are incredibly vast and very thoroughly researched. Here a just a few:
- Reduces the risk of blood clots.
- Promotes all types of body Detox.
- Combats depression.
- Fights inflammation.
- Boosts skin vitality.
- Anti-inflammatory reducing Arthritis pain.
- Could Treat or Prevent Certain Cancers.
- Combats Obesity, Diabetes, Blood sugar problems.
Curcumin is amazingly healthy for the vast majority of people. However, it’s not for everybody, and excessive use of anything can bring unwanted effects. For example, if you have GERD or stomach acid problems, go easy on turmeric. If you are pregnant or have gallstones or kidney stones, go easy. If you have too much “heat” or a Yin-Yang imbalance as it’s called in Chinese Medicine, please check with your medical practitioner and go easy.
If these are not your issues, then hey! Go ahead. Drink up! Enjoy as much turmeric as you can!