“Cancer cannot get a hold on the body if the liver is healthy.” Dr. Barbara O’Neill.
The liver is the largest internal organ in the body, and the only organ in the body that has the ability to regrow. The liver is the detoxifier and filter of the bloodstream. The liver must try to cope with thousands of toxic chemical in our environment.
12 SIGNS of LIVER TROUBLE:
Do you have any of these symptoms?
- Digestive issues: Bloating, indigestion, constipation.
- Skin eruptions: Acne, eczema, rashes, boils.
- Fatigue and weakness: Feeling tired and lethargic.
- Stress: Family, Health, Financial, or World Pressures on your mind.
- Weight gain: Difficulty in managing weight.
- Discomfort on the Liver or Right side of body: Painful when pressed.
- A Diagnosis of High Cholesterol, Cancer, Diabetes, or Hypertension.
- Jaundice: Yellowing of the skin and eyes.
- Emotional and hormone imbalances: Mood swings, irregular periods.
- Nutrient deficiencies: Poor absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- Weak immune system: Increased susceptibility to infections.
- Cognitive problems: Poor concentration and memory issues.
Liver Detox Strategies
You don’t want your body bogged down with toxins and your health to suffer as a consequence. Supporting your liver through detoxification is absolutely critical. Follow these detoxification strategies to radically improve your health.
20 Steps to Heal the Liver:
- Detox, Detox, Detox: Step #1 – Avoid Poisons: Stay away from known toxins such as Pesticides, especially Glyphosate, Herbicides. Avoid all industrial chemicals in your food, air, and water.
- Quiet Your Mind, Balance Your Spirit – Practice meditation, release old habits, become more unflappable and resilient in a fast-changing society.
- Integrate Healthy Whole Foods to Harmonize Mind-Body-Spirit – Eat low-carb original foods from the Earth: Avoid Sugar, Refined oils, Flours, White rice, Refined grains, processed foods.
- Skip Smoking, Stop Drinking: Cigarettes damage the lungs, weaken the kidneys, and pollute the blood. Avoid alcohol, because the liver is the major organ that metabolizes alcohol and is particularly sensitive to alcohol damage.
- Reduce Stress – Fear and anxiety significantly reduce the flow of nourishing blood through the liver. Stress directly impacts inflammation in the liver.
- Get a Health Coach: Everyone needs a personal health cheerleader, guide, and partner to help you implement lifestyle changes to improve your health.
- Drink Hydrating Fluids: Make sure to drink plenty of clean, filtered water throughout the day. I recommend at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. To further support detoxification, add lemon, lime, or apple cider vinegar to your water.
- Anti-inflammatory Diet: Remove inflammatory foods, such as sugar, refined carbs, refined vegetable oils, unhealthy fats, gluten, processed and non-organic meat, food allergens, artificial ingredients, and all junk food. Focus on anti-inflammatory whole foods, such as greens, vegetables, low glycemic index fruits, herbs, spices, clean protein, and healthy fats. To learn more about how to eat an anti-inflammatory diet, read this article.
- Practice Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting is a practice where you are fasting for a part of the day. To learn more about the benefits of intermittent fasting, read this article. I personally enjoy 16- to 18-hour fasts. (More on that in the next section.)
- Regular Exercise: Move your body regularly to help mobilize body fat and support the release of toxins through breathing, improved circulation, and sweating.
- Drink Green Juices: Green juices and green juice powders are full of chlorophyll and phytonutrients that support detoxification. Learn more about the power of green juices in this article.
- Use Infrared Saunas: Infrared saunas are a fantastic way to support detoxification through sweating. Read this article to learn about its benefits. If you are unable to get into an infrared sauna, you can also use a steam sauna at your local fitness center but it doesn’t penetrate deep into the tissues like the IR Sauna. However, getting exposure to the heat and sweating will still be of great benefit.
- Practice Oil Pulling: Oil pulling is an Ayurvedic dental practice that may help to remove bacteria and toxins from your teeth and body. Learn more about it here.
- Improve Bowel Motility with High Fiber: Daily bowel movements are key to detoxification. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet rich in fiber, consuming chia and flax seeds, drinking bone broth, eating fermented foods, and taking probiotics will all support your gut motility.
- Remove Parasites: The common Liver fluke Fasciola hepatica is a worldwide problem. This parasite lives in the bile ducts of the liver, and is always present in cancer. Learn more about a parasite cleanse here.
- Use Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal may help detoxication by absorbing and helping you to release toxins, bacteria, parasites, and yeast from your intestines.
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon/Lime Water: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains malic acid, while lemon and lime water contain citric acid. These acids help to open up the bile ducts in the liver and the gallbladder making them more effective at eliminating bile stones. I recommend taking 1–2 tbsps of ACV or lemon/lime juice for every 4–8 ounces of water. Drink 32 ounces of this combination daily.
- Ground Your Body Daily: “Grounding” is also called “Earthing” or “Rooting”. It means you get outside without shoes and allow your bare feet to touch the ground, ideally on grass, dirt or sand and spend at least 10 minutes grounded everyday. The earth provides free electrons that help shield you from technology based EMF that can be damaging for our body.”
- Do a Liver Flush to Release Gallstones: Cleansing the liver of gallstones dramatically improves digestion, which is the basis of your whole health. Your allergies will disappear. You have more energy and increased sense of well-being. Check out Dr. Hulda Clark’s Liver Cleanse
- Try a coffee enema once a week. Coffee enemas increase glutathione to help quickly flush out bacteria, heavy metals, fungus, and yeast from the digestive tract, liver, colon, and blood, while lowering inflammation. Check out Dr. Gerson’s Website: Coffee Enema: 8 Things You Need to Know
- Detox Your Liver: A 6-Step Liver Cleanse, https://draxe.com/nutrition/liver-cleanse/
- Paul Pitchford’s Top Three Tips to Achieve Overall Health | IIN Depth, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyEqRArh5Go
- Liver Cleanse, https://drhuldaclark.org/liver-cleanse/
Srijana, aka Jane Barthelemy is a medical intuitive, author, and healer. She has practiced Tibetan Buddhist meditation for over five decades, residing in the Rudrananda Ashram in the USA for 35 years. She practices craniosacral therapy, Acunect, and BodyTalk – an infusion of intuitive Chinese, and Ayurvedic wisdom. She is trained in Qigong, Taichi, Daoist sexuality, and Kundalini activation. Her medical Qigong training is with Mantak Chia, Khamto Lee, Daniel Villasenor, Zhongxian Wu, Dr. Ka’imi Pilipovich, Franco Mescola, Richard Leirer, and Lam Kam Chueng. She has her BS in Italian Opera and MBA in financial management. Her two paradigm-changing cookbooks show how to build health with unprocessed foods. Her upcoming books include: “Heal Your Past Lives”, and “Buddha Speaks – Channeled Passages from the Master”. She is on the faculty of NewEarth University and LearnDesk. Her websites are FiveSeasonsMedicine.com and JanesHealthyKitchen.com. Srijana lives in Bali with her Bhutanese husband, Lama D.