When you do a little Qigong every day, your body can stay in tune quickly and maintain its healthy meridian balance. Here are my guielines to create your daily practice no matter if you have 5 minutes or a whole hour.
Of the many types of Qigong available, ours is the MOST detoxifying. We really need detoxifying of organs, muscles, and thoughts in these chaotic times. Five Seasons Medical Qigong vitalizes the meridians in a minimum amount of time, compared to other types of Qigong or a fitness workout. So if you do 5-15 minutes on your own each day, your health will benefit deeply. You can do Qigong anywhere and anytime – in your living room when you wake up, out in Nature, or on a work break. A daily discipline may SOUND “difficult”. However instead of a mindset of forcing yourself to do something, I find it’s easier to consider the benefits. That means just cultivate a simple, deep commitment to your own self-love and physical well-being. Then it’s not difficult at all. It’s a sensual joy.
Qigong Home Practice Sequence (* Starred Items are required) *
(Hands on Dantien between each one)
- Swing Arms forward and back (100 – 300 times)
- Knee circles, first right, then left (30 – 60 times)
- Oval arms up overhead, spread out and down (100 times)
- Hip Circles, first right, then left (30 – 60 times)
- Swimming (30 – 60 times)
2.) Qigong Shaking (1 – 20 minutes)
3.) Wu Chi – Cowboy (5 – 10 minutes) *
4.) Five Elements Sequence
5.) Cool Down *
- Arms Raise Outward 3x overhead, Draw sky down to Dantien.
- Massage Kidneys Backs of hands
- Fire Hands – Rub hands until hot, rub back of neck like towel, wash face.
- Repeat above – Fire, Rub, Wash
- Close hands Right then left on lower Dantien 3 fingers below navel
That’s it! Please contact me if you have any questions: jane @ fiveseasonsmedicine .com
Remember to drink plenty of clean water every day. And WALK.
The Blue Energy Man, illustrates meridians activated during Medical Qigong.