Baking soda, or everyday bicarbonate of soda may be one of the most common items in our home, and it offers many surprising health benefits. In simple words, baking soda reacts with acids in order to clean, lower the acidity in your body, and keep your pH balanced in the blood and lymph.
Is Your Body Acidic or Alkaline?
An alkaline body pH is the best. That means we want a measure of 7.3 or 7.4 on the pH scale for best health. When we are alkaline, we have level energy, we feel happy and balanced. But when your body is acidic, you feel tired, impatient, and stressed. Almost all disease is accompanied by an acidic pH in the body. Cancer, Diabetes, Inflammation, Arthritis, Dementia, and Heart Disease, and Sepsis all come from an acidic body pH.
When measure our pH, we can know the acidity of our body liquids. We can control our own pH with healthy food, healthy lifestyle, happy relationships, and meditation. WOW! That’s amazing!. We can take control of our own health for a long life!
There are hundreds of amazing benefits for Baking Soda. Here are just a few.
- Avoid disease: It’s important to know your body pH. Measure it and remember the feeling of being acidic or alkaline. Then you can listen to the body and adjust your health. With pH test strips, you can check your health level anytime. Then you can adjust your body pH with Baking Soda to avoid disease and have a very long life.
- Flu or cold: Use baking soda to alkalinize your body to avoid flu or a cold.
- Acid Reflux: Use it to stop acid reflux or indigestion.
- It Gently whiten teeth. Just put some in your hand and brush or rub it onto your teeth completely.
- Tough Tooth Stains: For heavy stains on your teeth, apply the paste and let it sit for two minutes before brushing.
- Bad Breath: Baking soda is anti-bacterial, and that’s why as a mouthwash it removes bad breath.
- Healing Wounds: Use it to improve your strength of healing, to help heal damaged tissue or infection.
- Inflammation: Baking soda in water can lower inflammation in the whole body.
- Remove Body Pain: Baking soda helps with pain, especially joint inflammation, like arthritis.
- Kidney disease: It can also help kidney stones, gout, and urinary tract infections, by reducing acid in the body fluids.
- Deodorant: Baking Soda is a natural deodorant, make a paste with water, or dry-brush baking soda under your arms to eliminate the stink.
- Healthy Skin: Baking soda cleans the skin and removes dead skin and bacteria. It soothes insect bites.
- Bug Bites: Make a paste of baking soda and water to reduce pain, swelling, and itching from stings and bites. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Then remove it and repeat if necessary.
- Optimize Work-out Energy: Baking soda increases athletic endurance. Its alkaline qualities give your muscles relief, and they won’t get as tired during a work-out.
- Household cleaner: Use baking soda as a non-toxic cleaner for everything in your kitchen, bathroom.
- Clean Fruits & Veggies: Remove pesticides from fruits and veggies in a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Heal canker sores and more Use it to soothe canker sores inside the mouth, prevent diarrhea, ulcers, and treat drug overdose.
- Clean stinky feet: Use baking soda to soak the feet to remove yeast, fungus or stinky bacterial growth.
- Freshen closed spaces: Keep baking soda in refrigerator, closet, or show boxes to absorb bad odor.
- Remove stains: Soak dirty kitchen blenders and pans in baking soda with water, and then clean.
What is the maximum dose for Baking Soda?
The maximum dose is 7 half teaspoons per day. While taking sodium bicarbonate you should be checking your pH daily and let that guide you in how much to take. Problems with over alkalization can occur if you take too much orally.
If you are 65 or older, the maximum dose is 3 half teaspoons/day. Elderly people metabolize bicarbonate much differently than younger people and so they do not need as much in their system at one time as it can accumulate due to natural slowing down of normal bodily functioning.
How much is the dose to maintain a healthy alkaline pH?
Add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon baking soda to an 8 oz glass of water. The best way to judge how much bicarbonate to take is to go by pH testing. You can buy pH test strips all over the internet. Get some and start checking saliva or urinary pH. If you’re on the acid side take 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarbonate once or twice a day until the pH gets up to 7.3 or 7.4. It’s best to eat an alkaline diet, and you won’t need the baking soda. For more info: https://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-bicarbonate-baking-soda/
Many people can take a regular dose of bicarbonate daily without a problem. It’s best to take a periodic break from baking soda every 2 weeks. It is far better to know your pH, and adjust it with food, lifestyle, and meditation.
Where to buy it?
Look for Baking Soda or bicarbonate of soda in any grocery store.
Safe limit is on the Baking Soda package no more than 3 ½ teaspoons per day. Or if you’re over 60 years old, maximum is 1 ½ teaspoons per day. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking any supplements.