The secrets to healing are inside your body. Qigong is a meditation in motion practice from ancient China. QI means ENERGY and GONG means WORK. We USE breath to move body energy for health. This is easy for everyone. Even your grandmother can do Qigong. It’s especially beneficial for children, because it rewires your energy body for health. There are over 3,000 lineages of Qigong practice. This class is my synthesis after two decades of practice with some of the best Masters.
Qigong can help you be more vital, more beautiful, live healthier longer. You will keep your body straight and tall. You will lower blood pressure, clear toxins, remove bad energies, and avoid diseases.
The secrets of life are inside your body. What is the goal of life? Qigong says the goal is life is joy and MOKSHA. Some call this ENLIGHTENMENT or ASCENSION. To achieve this goal, the human body is finest energy tool in the world. You must first learn how it works. Then you can play it like a musical instrument. If you pick up a violin and try to play it for the first time, you get horrible squeaks and squawks. Most people give up at this point. But a few people practice every day to develop mastery to produce true music that can uplift the soul.
When I was 55 years old, I became very sick with total adrenal exhaustion. I felt so weak, even one breath made me tired. I lay in bed suspended between life and death for about a week. I had to make a choice. Slowly I understood that in order to continue to live in a body, I would have to rebuild my body completely, and change all my perceptions. This is like deciding to remodel your home and rewire the electrical system. Or changing your old computer operating system for a new one. But I didn’t know how. Thanks to a very skilled shaman, a seed of death was removed in me, and slowly I began to heal. I began to do Qigong a little bit every day. For the next two years I used Qigong to rewire my energy body.
A violin body has strings, wood, and a beautiful structure. But a violin can not make music. A violin is silent. It has no music. Why is that? What does a violin lack? What does a violin need to make beautiful music? A bow, and a hand, and a person. A violen must have a musical idea in your mind, an intelligence to play it. Without that the violin can never make a sound.
When a child is born, it learns how to walk, to eat, and goes to school to learn about the world. A child learns about religion and how to pray to God and ask God to bless its life. When a child is sick, it goes to the doctor, and the doctor gives it medicine to make the pain go away. The doctor is very smart. But a doctor cannot help you achieve moksha. If you are sick, the doctor can diagnose your disease and tell you when you are going to die. But the doctor cannot heal you. Is that a good doctor? Ha Ha! The secrets to healing are within your body, if you learn to use them.
Chinese medicine has a different perspective. God is NOT outside you. That God, by whatever name, that universal healing energy is inside every cell. When an egg is first fertilized in the mother’s belly this is an extraordinary energy event. Life is created. The new cell is infused with Masculine and Feminine energy, which revolve-spin in union.A divine presence is there, call it SPIRIT, a spark of God, which intelligently directs a series of important events that are both spiritual and physical.
Step 1: Life Begins with the Five Vital Substances
Ancient Chinese Medicine identified five vital substances of life: Spirit (Shen), Body Fluids (Jinye), Energy (Qi), DNA Essence (Jing), and Blood (Xue). Without these five substances there is no life. These substances are both physical and spiritual. We can say the Vital Substances actually bring life force into physical matter. This is the magical moment where universal elements, atoms, electrons, and molecules, start to come alive.
The Five Vital Substances of Life – in Chinese Medicine:
1) Spirit – Shen is our union with the Universal Dao, or Supreme Almighty. For the Shen to come into full fruition, it is dependent on our Jing essence. and our Qi energy. When the Jing and Qi are strong, refinement comes into the sacred body bringing the possibility of enlightenment, ascension.
2) Water – Jinye – Our bodies are 70 – 90% water. Our body fluids are an echo of the primordial ocean. All the liquids in the body respond to Qi electrical frequencies. When you infuse Water with Qi, the result is Life.
3) Qi-Electricity – This vital energy pervades all matter. In the human body, our living Qi frequencies flow through the meridians, gates, chakras, and power nodes of intersection we call “acupuncture points”. Qi is the energy that motivates matter, thought, action, and transformation. That’s why the practice of “QiGong” is “Cultivation of Energy”.
4) Jing-DNA – The fundamental essence of life is DNA. This essence is a precious resource granted to us by our parents and blood lineage. Jing contains Sexual, Creative, Lifegiving power that resides in the kidneys. During your life, you can either nourish and build the Jing, or squander it and lose it.
5) Blood – Xue – The sacred fluid of nourishment, Blood arises from Qi and it contains all the other four vital essences: Shen, Jinye, Qi, and Jing. The Blood infuses the cells and nourishes the organs in a cycle to produce more Qi.
Can DNA Be Spontaneously Generated from Spirit, Water, and Qi Energy?
YES! Surprising scientific discoveries indicate DNA can be generated in water with electrical impulse! Researchers discovered that DNA has an electromagnetic energy field, and it responds to intention. Yikes! Maybe LIFE is just a manifestation of SPIRIT.
Think of your DNA as a spark of light in an ocean. Life in a physical body is about electricity conducted through water. Sunlight can activate our bodies because our DNA is bio-photonic. That means our DNA is ALIVE, and it is LIGHT-SENSITIVE.
Scientists Generate DNA from Nothing
Over the past few decades, surprising breakthroughs in DNA have uncovered structural and biochemical energy patterns that can be influenced with intention. Professor Luc Montagnier, French virologist who won the Nobel Prize for the discovery of the AIDS virus HIV, performed an experiment on DNA that was published in the Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
SPIRIT + FLUID + QI ==> DNA
Professor Montagnier placed a sealed test tube A containing Mycoplasma pirum (a microorganism) DNA in a mu-metal cage (for sensitive electronic equipment shielding), next to a sealed test tube B containing distilled water. Test tube B did not contain any basic raw material that could be used to form DNA.
He placed a copper solenoid around test tubes A and B with a low intensity electric current oscillating at 7 Hz, and left them at room temperature.
After 18 hours, an astonishing event occurred: DNA was detected in the sealed test tube B, which originally contained only water and no DNA material, and the DNA sequence was 98 percent similar to that in test tube A.
To check the reliability of the test, Professor Montagnier repeated the test 12 times, and the test results turned out to be identical. Read about it here:
Simple Translation: DNA has an energy field. DNA can be created from Water and Electricity, with a “phantom” effect of DNA nearby.
More DNA experiments by Russian scientist Dr. Gariaev indicate DNA is like a sponge that absorbs light. He believes this discovery “lays the foundations of a new field of science –of the quantum, electromagnetic nature of the DNA as a holistic continuum, facilitating instantaneous metabolic control throughout an organism.” These new discoveries pave the way for what humanity has long dreamed about: “distant and non-invasive healing, organ regeneration, and significant extension of human lifespan”.
The new cell divides into two cells, and the dividing line becomes the first meridians of the body, the DuMai and RenMai meridians up the back and down the front that we are studying today.
Each time the original cell divides, the baby develops more meridians, nerves, and organs. Finally all 20 meridians are there, arms, legs, muscles, and skin. Then the child is ready to come into the world. Where is God? God is in every atom of every cell of every child. Pinch yourself! God is inside each of us.
Like a violin, the human body has a structure of energy points, meridians, Qi pathways, bones, lymph channels of water, blood vessels, muscles, and organs. The intelligent energy network of the body has 20 meridians and 360 points, which are each energy nodes.
In the upper body the meridians end at the tips of your fingers.
The vertical meridians end at the tips of the toes.
The head has many sensitive meridian points.
12 Acupressure Points
Use gentle, firm pressure with either middle finger or thumb on each point, as you breathe deeply. Massage in a circular motion for 10 seconds, feel the Qi energy penetrating into your body. As you press, your brain releases endorphins, the chemicals that calm pain and invite a pleasurable release, so your muscles can relax and blood flow more freely. As tension recedes, the body finds balance, and you’ll feel better. These are my 12 top priority points for general health for most people every day.
- KD-1, Kidney 1 or Yongquan, Gushing Spring on the bottom of the foot.
- BL-1, Bladder 1 or Jingming, Bright Eyes, the inner corner of the eyes.
- SP-21, Spleen 21 or Dabao, Great Embracement, on the sides of the ribs.
- SP-6, Spleen 6, or Sanyinjiao, Three Yin Intersection on the inside of the lower legs.
- LI-4, Large Intestine 4, or He Gu, Joining Valley, on the back of the hand just above the thumb.
- LU-1, Lung 1, or Zhong Fu, Central Treasury, on the sides of the upper chest, under the collar bone.
- HT-1, Heart 1, or Ji Quan, Supreme Spring, in the front underarm just under the shoulder joint.
- GB20, Gallbladder 20, or Fengchi, Wind Pool, on the upper back of the neck, under the occipital ridge.
- SI4, Small Intestine 4, or Wangu, Wrist Bone, on the outer edge of the palm, on the heel of the hand.
- ST36, Stomach 36, or Zusanli, Leg Three Miles, at the outside of lower leg diagonally under the knee.
- LV3, Liver 3, or Tai Chong, Great Surge, on the top of foot between 1st and 2nd tendons.
- Ren-1 is also DU-1 or Huiyin, the same point. Sometimes called perineum, CV-1, or GV-1. This is actually the most important point in the body, the origin of the DuMai and the RenMai Extraordinary meridians. (Conception and Governing Vessels) That’s because it’s the origin of ALL the meridians. Make sure yours is soft and pliable.
The two most important energy pathways of the body are the RenMai up the back, and DuMai down the front. These two meridians keep you alive.
They rotate around two energy centers in the head and in the belly.
In Qigong we use the breath to increase the energy flow between these two points. Like the entire universe, your body spins around these two energy points, as if they are two binary stars.
The body is a microcosm of the larger universe. Inside your body cells are quadrillions of spinning atoms. If you look into the cells with a microscope, you will find spinning atoms. And if you go outside into the huge universe, you will see the same spirals spinning everywhere. Maybe that is why people say you are a micro version of the universe, and you have all of God in every molecule. Ha Ha!
We sometimes believe the body is physical. But it is much more than that. We do fitness for strong muscles, which improves blood flow and lymph system detox. These are good, but they don’t give you long life or moksha. Fitness is very strenuous work. Fitness gives you just strong arms and legs, detox, and blood circulation. What is more important for your health? Muscles or Organs?
Qigong is NOT fitness. It is different. Qigong is an intelligent movement system to keep you perfectly healthy and achieve moksha, if that’s your goal. Or are you planning to reincarnate again and again? Qigong says health comes from the organs, and the organs are each very wise. They communicate and work together intelligently as a team. If you lose an arm or a leg, you can still live. But if you lose an organ for one minute, you die immediately. Qigong supports all organs to keep them balanced and healthy, so you can live for many years.
Qigong vitalizes the meridians, which are like channels of light, to detox, heal disease, and live healthier much longer. Even a little bit of Qigong every day, will begin to connect the energy in your body. This will give you a different awareness and a happier life. In conclusion: pinch yourself! God is inside each of us.
Qigong Class Sequence:
- Identify Needs to Focus your Class (Primary Emotion, Meridian, Painful or Blocked Areas)
- Breathing: Normal Chest and Abdominal Breathing
- Sitting: Inhale, Secret Smile, Tongue position, Swallow
- Root Your Personal Column, a Tap Root into Earth and Heaven
- Floor Movement Spine, Hands, Feet, Head
- Shaking the body
- Standing Warm-up: Ankles, Wrists, Fingers, Massage Ears
- Tapping all Meridians Upper Body, Head & Vertical meridians
- Movements: TaiQi ball, Sifting, Calming Waters, Carry Tiger, Phoenix Rising
- Brain balancing
- Qigong Root walking
- Closing: Rub hands, eyes, hands, kidneys
1. Breathing: Normal Chest, Abdominal
The secret to healing is in your breath. When you can control your breath, you are the master of your Qi and your life force. Feel your chest, and breathe 3 times. Notice how your chest moves. This is called CHEST BREATHING. Now put your hands on your belly, breathe deep into your abdomen and smell the rose. Notice how your belly expands, and you receive more oxygen when you breathe deep into your belly. It feels good. Do it three times, smell a rose and breathe into your belly. If you breathe this way expanding your abdomen, you will be healthier.
2. Sitting: Inhale, Secret Smile, Tongue position, Swallow
Now sit on the floor, on a pillow, or in a chair. Sit comfortably with a straight spine.
Keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose.
Now smell a beautiful rose, and breathe light into the brain center, to the pineal gland, the spirit energy center called the third eye.
Do it again and feel your secret inner smile.
Place the tip of your tongue by the upper teeth, to connect the meridians.
Inhale again into your brain and swallow down into your heart and belly.
3. Root Your Personal Column, a Tap Root into Earth and Heaven
Inhale and send a tap root of energy down into the center of the earth.
Now inhale again and send your tree branches up to the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
This is your safe HOME connecting you to earth to heaven.
Feel an invisible string pulling your spine up long and straight.
4. Floor Movement: Flex Spine, Hands, Feet, Head
To do Qiong we need to relax all the meridians and especially the spine.
Extend your legs in front. Lean back on your hands and rotate your feet back and forth.
Breathe into your belly and feel your Huiyin point loosen and relax. Massage this point every day in the bath or shower, until it is soft and flexible. Put your hands on your knees.
Inhale and arch your spine forward and open your chest and shoulders.
Now exhale, lean chest forward.
We repeat this several times to keep your spine always flexible.
Three important areas are the meridians on the feet, the hands, and the head.
Massage the center point on the bottom of a foot.
Slap your feet three times twist your feet to relax.
Pull each toe out from the sides 1 2/3 4 because the meridians end on the toes.
Now massage the other foot slap, and pull toes.
Sit up straight.
Massage your ears. Pull them and pinch them so they wake up.
5. Shaking the Body
Stand up and put your mat away.
Shake the body to wake up the meridians, vitalize the lymph system and blood circulation.
6. Standing Warm-ups
Flex the Ankles Wrists, Fingers, Massage Ears
7. Tapping all Meridians Upper Body, Head & Vertical meridians
Tap the arm meridians from side to side.
Tap the head.
Tap down the back and up the front, to wake up the meridians.
8. Energy Movements
- Taiji Ball – Hold a ball of energy. Feel the energy in your belly.
- Sifting – Lift the energy up and down. Inhale, exhale. Bend knees. Relax.
- Spreading the Waters means we calm the entire world. Breathe in and out.
- Lift the Tiger to the Mountain, means we gather the earth energy and gift it to the sky.
- Phoenix Rising means we gather the sky and gift it to the earth.
9. Brain Balancing
Alternate Arm raising
10. Qigong Walking
Roots on feet, Walk in Circle, Feel roots of tree on your feet. Tall spine, Drink from earth and sky
11. Closing: Seal Energy in the Dantian
Rub hands, eyes, stroke hair, rub again, hold kidneys,
Hands on belly feel deep into dantien, feel tap root.
Bow to the person next to you, say “Thank you for practicing”.
New Writings From Master Li:
How Humankind Came To Be
Why the Creator Seeks to Save All Life
Srijana, aka Jane Barthelemy is a medical intuitive, author, and healer. She has practiced Tibetan Buddhist meditation for over five decades, residing in the Rudrananda Ashram in the USA for 35 years. She practices craniosacral therapy, Acunect, and BodyTalk – an infusion of intuitive Chinese, and Ayurvedic wisdom. She is trained in Qigong, Taichi, Daoist sexuality, and Kundalini activation. Her medical Qigong training is with Mantak Chia, Khamto Lee, Daniel Villasenor, Zhongxian Wu, Dr. Ka’imi Pilipovich, Franco Mescola, Richard Leirer, and Lam Kam Chueng. She has her BS in Italian Opera and MBA in financial management. Her two paradigm-changing cookbooks show how to build health with unprocessed foods. Her upcoming books include: “Heal Your Past Lives”, and “Buddha Speaks – Channeled Passages from the Master”. She is on the faculty of NewEarth University and LearnDesk. Her websites are FiveSeasonsMedicine.com and JanesHealthyKitchen.com. Srijana lives in Bali with her Bhutanese husband, Lama D.